Sunday, March 15, 2009

Breakfast Potatoes

For Baby Zachary's blessing day, Kat did a fantastic job on the brunch. I offered to bring potatoes. I don't usually make breakfast potatoes and they aren't something I can eat on the diet. My quest to find a good recipe was on. I found several that looked okay, but none that I was thrilled about. So, I made up my own.
I apologize that I don't have exact measurements.
Here goes...
10-15 Red Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
1 Onion, chopped
2-3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-3 tsp Cayanne Pepper (pending on how much kick you want)
1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
2-3 cups Cheddar Cheese
1 cup diced ham
Combine the potatoes, onions, olive oil, Chili Powder and Kosher Salt. Make sure all of the potatoes are coated. Bake for an hour at 350 degrees covered in aluminum foil. Remove from the oven and add the cheese and ham. Return to the oven, uncovered, for another 30-45 minutes- until potatoes are tender.
Enjoy!

No comments: