Saturday, May 23, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Bites


Many years ago, Melissa and I were on a quest to find a good spinach artichoke dip recipe. We went looking through a large pile of cookbooks. Finally we came upon this one. We wrote it down on a scrap of paper from one of our planners and went home to try it out. It was awesome. I've stuck with the original recipe, but Melissa has updated her recipe.


For our ward prom, we were asked to bring appetizers or desserts. One of the items I brought was these individual Spinach Artichoke Bites. I got the idea for the individual bites here. These were a hit and very easy to make.


Follow the recipe below...

2 T butter
½ onion, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 small pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 8 oz cream cheese
½- ¾ pint sour cream
2 shakes WHITE Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp white pepper
2 c parmesan cheese, shredded

Sauté onions in butter, add garlic when onions are almost clear. Once clear add artichoke hearts to sauté pan. Mix in spinach. Continue heating until warmed through out. Add cream cheese, stir in until melted. Add sour cream until desired consistency. Season with Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Stir in 1 c parmesan cheese.

While it is cooking on the stove, put wonton wraps in mini muffin tins. You'll have to be careful, because it is very easy to put a fingernail through the very thin wraps. Then fill the shells with a little less than a tablespoon of the dip. Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on each cup.

Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Watch them so that they don't burn.

Try them with a crab dip, cheese dip or any other hot dip. They are yummy and easy.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm sooooo trying this recipe as soon as possible!!!! Yum!!! Thanks!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and following. I hope you will come by on a regular basis. I typically try to post at least once a day and sometimes I take the weekend off. I love you blog and will add it to my list of blog rolls that I check regularly and I will click follower if you have that feature. I have 2 new posts today so give me your opinions and ideas.

Cheri