Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Poor Man's Stroganoff

First off, sorry it's been a week since I have posted. I've been traveling for work and forgot to put the pictures on my laptop before I left. Now onto the feature meal.

Before I went back to work, I used to cook pretty meals every single night. They weren't hard to make nor were the expensive. I have to admit they fit more in the "semi-homemade" category. Which from what I'm starting to understand, offends some. But guess what? I'm a working mother of two girls and need to make healthy and yummy meals that my whole family will eat.

Here's the recipe...

1 lb of ground beef (I always go as lean as I can find)
1 onion chopped
1 clove garlic
Strain the beef grease before you add...
2 cups sliced mushrooms (I didn't have any)

Saute until the onions are clear and then add

1/3 c red wine
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Continue cooking until the meat is cooked throughout.


Then add...

1/2 c sour cream
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook until heated throughout. Serve on noodles or rice.



I served this with green beans and both girls cleared their plates. When Hottie got home he ate the remainder of the pan and said, "Why don't you cook this more often? We really need to shop better so that you have things like this on hand." He is so funny.

Anyway, it's super easy and always yummy. It's not pretty for sure. So you have to serve it with something of color- sliced tomatoes, green beans, steamed zucchini.

PS if you don't cook with wine, use 1/3 of a cup of beef bouillon.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: