Saturday, July 26, 2008

Zucchini and Chicken Kabobs


My family is so busy. I'm not sure how we're ever going to sit down for dinner once the girls are in school and after-school activities. Thursday Bug and Dives ate at my parents. Friday Hottie had gone 4-wheeling and Bug went to the show (again with my parents). Today was still a tough day, because Hottie had gone 4-wheeling again and he didn't feel like a real dinner. But, after two days of the chicken being marinated, I thought I'd better cook it. The flavor wasn't over bearing at all and the girls really enjoyed it. They weren't overly fond of the zucchini, but I don't think that was because of the preparation. Zucchini is maybe not the veggie of choice for a 5 year old nor a 2 year old. Bug said she liked the chicken "a lot" and that was all thought Dives would eat.

So, here's how I prepared it.

Cut the zucchini in half long ways, and then in half again, (so that you have 4 spears). Then slice into chunks. Put the zucchini in a bowl and drizzle about 2 tablespoons (depending on the size of the zucchini) of Olive Oil over the zucchini. I seasoned it with steak seasoning and All Season. Then mixed it up with my hands- making sure the zucchini is all coated with the oil.

I alternated chicken chunks and zucchini on the kabobs. Then I grilled it for 4-5 minutes on each side (with the lid closed).

My review of them is this... SUPER easy, quick and yummy. For me my only challenge was grill issues. But Hottie got it working and all was well.

Total preparation time was about 15 minutes. I served it with mashed potatoes topped with grilled onion.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: