Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Puffed Pancakes



I absolutely love these Puffed Pancakes. If I wasn't on crutches right now, I would have made these with apples. This breakfast is always a success with the family. Dives will always eat a whole piece, and by the time we sit down for breakfast, Bug has already finished hers. Nanny really likes these too. Not only are they a sure thing, they are super easy to make.


6 eggs
1 ½ c milk
1 c flour
3 T sugar
1 tsp vanilla
½ t salt
¼ t cinnamon
¼ lb of butter
2 apples, sliced and peeled (Optional)
2-3 T brown sugar


Melt butter in a 9x13 pan
(If making it with apples)- Add apples to melted butter. Return to oven until the butter sizzles

Mix remaining ingredients, except brown sugar, in a blender. Pour over melted butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake at 425°F for 20 minutes
Variations:
Serve with syrup, sour cream, lemon juice, or powdered sugar.

PS- If you want to make a square pan (which is what I usually do- a 9x13 is just so much food!) here is the recipe...
4 eggs
1 c milk
2/3 c flour
2T sugar
2/3 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon
2/3 of a cube of butter
1-2 T brown sugar

Dive's response was "yup, I like those." Bug prefers them with just powdered sugar. My mom puts sour cream, lemon juice and powdered sugar on hers. Me, give me syrup and powdered sugar.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: