Thursday, October 9, 2008

Coffee Cake Muffins

The other morning I was desperately wanting Bisquick Coffee Cake. BUT we were all out and it wasn't on the shopping list. Sigh. Off to my vast collection of cookbooks I went. I finally found these in the Better Homes and Garden Cookbook. Yes, the one with the gingham cover. (Mine is pink though because it has an extra special section about Breast Cancer.) I made a few changes- cause that's what I do. It's not that I don't think other people's recipes are fantastic, I just like to make them a little more my own.
Here's the recipe as I did it...
The Topping
3 TBSP Flour
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
2 1/2 TBSP Butter
The Muffins
1 1/2 c Flour
1/2 c Sugar
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
a little salt (the recipe said 1/4 tsp)
1/4 c butter
1 Egg (beaten)
1/2 c Sour Milk
Mix together the topping ingredients and cut in the butter. I like extra butter because it seeps into the muffins more. Set it aside.
Then combine the dry ingredients and cut in the butter. In another bowl, combine the egg and the milk and beat. Then add it to the dry ingredients.
Spoon into greased or lined muffin cups. Top with the topping.

Bake at 400 (or convect at 375) for 15-18 minutes.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: