Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Bake Chocolate Cookies

Scott's sister, Kristal, brought these over to our house the other night and I've been craving them ever since. So, I went into my family cookbook. A little background on my family cookbook-- Three years ago, I was put on bed rest when I was pregnant with Ivy. In order to keep myself busy, I decided to compile all of our family recipes and put them in a book. I did this the hard way- I wrote everything out in Word and then formatted it and took it to Kinko's. I say it's the hard way because I have since found out that their are businesses that could have done it for cheaper and done all of the compiling and printing etc. -- So, back to my No Bake Cookie story. I went to my family cookbook. NO ONE had submitted a recipe for No Bake Cookies. Not even Kristal- and she's who made them and brought them over. Which now makes me wonder- how many other yummy and easy recipes am I missing? Guess it might be time to do a second version. My plan was always to do another one after 5 years- maybe I'll still wait.

Anyway, I finally found the recipe. Not in any of my cookie cookbooks, or my great big thick everything-is-in-them cookbooks. I found it in the "Fruit Heights Ward Cookbook" that my Aunt JoAnn gave us years and years ago. So, I made them and I'm so glad I did.

6 Tbsp Cocoa
1 tsp Salt
1 c Margarine
4 c Sugar
1 c Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1 c Peanut Butter (optional)
6 c Oatmeal

Boil cocoa, salt, margarine, sugar and milk for 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Add peanut butter and vanilla

Add Oatmeal

Drop into bite sized cookies on waxed paper and let set.
Then eat, yummy yummy yummy.
Scott isn't a huge fan of these, because he isn't a huge fan of chocolate. (I know- how is that humanly possible?) Anyway, the girls love them and so do I. Next time I am going to try them without the peanut butter (although I used honey roasted peanut butter and it was really yummy), I'm not a huge fan of peanuts.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ro said...

so funny, i justed asked my mom for this recipe!!! yum, yum, can't wait to make them!

Kat said...

yum, i think your pregnant sister needs some.