Monday, March 2, 2009

Baked Cajun Shrimp


It's been quite some time since I have posted a recipe. I have several in the wings, but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I really do have more on my plate than I can handle.

Scott and I have been on a very strict diet the past 30 days. We can't use oil, butter, sugar and oh so many other yummy things. So, I've learned how to make some really good dinners without any bad stuff added. There are a few that I would like to share, but I'll start with this one.

Baked Cajun Shrimp

1 pound of raw shrimp (shelled and de-veined is best but more expensive. Also, you can use cooked shrimp, but you will have to reduce the baking time because the shrimp will get tough).
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 onion- finely chopped
Cajun seasoning
3/4 tsp kosher salt

Place all of the shrimp in a 9x13 pan. Squeeze all of the lemon over the shrimp. Generously sprinkle the Cajun seasoning over the shrimp. Stir in the chopped onion.

Bake for 20 minutes and 350 degrees- until onions are transparent.

We served this with sauteed cabbage and added noodles for the girls.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: